Terms & Conditions
- McGinley Coach Travel cannot accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Passengers should be aware of our stop locations and departure times. Please endeavour to arrive at your stop at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Whilst every effort is made to adhere to our stated departure times, sometimes services may be affected by factors outside our control.
- Strictly no alcohol to be consumed or carried on board the coach.
- Smoking or Vaping is prohibited on all coaches.
- Hot food including hot drinks is prohibited on all coaches.
- Water or Soft drinks to be consumed on board must have a secure lid or cap.
- Passengers are to always wear their seat belts and are to remain seated until the coach has come to a complete stop.
- There can be a long check-in and security queues at Dublin Airport, so our advice is to book a service which arrives at the terminal at least three hours before your flight departs.
- While every effort is made by McGinley Coach Travel to ensure the full operation of all bus services advertised, we will not be liable for any delay or interruption in any of its services where such delay or interruption is caused by reason of matters beyond its control, including, machine break-down or interruption in supply by others of power, materials or finished goods. McGinley Coach Travel services may be subject to alteration or cancellation without notice for reasons beyond our control. Intending passengers are, therefore, advised to enquire before setting out on their journey for the latest information concerning the services. On occasions where snow, fog, or other adverse weather conditions prevail, or the state of the roads is unusually difficult or if for any reason whatsoever roads or sections of roads are closed to traffic, it may be necessary to vary the times of services, or to suspend their operation without notice. We shall not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, or expense arising as a result of such circumstances outside our control.
- To avoid disappointment, reserve your ticket in advance to guarantee your place. All reservations are subject to availability of seats on the service and a reservation does not guarantee you a particular seat on a coach. You can also purchase your ticket from our driver at the time of departure if there is space on the coach.
- Lost or misplaced Tickets? If you received an e-ticket, you can easily print a replacement or download again to your mobile phone or smart device. Unfortunately, our office is unable to replace any other forms of lost, mislaid, or stolen tickets and a new standard fare ticket will need to be purchased to travel aboard your desired service.
- CCTV Recording on coaches includes audio recording (“CCTV data”). This information is only accessed by the Data Controller and used in the event of an issue of a serious nature, i.e. health and safety reasons, security reasons, to safeguard the public, our drivers and the company’s property.
- Only one small item of hand luggage capable of fitting in the overhead luggage rack or under the seat is permitted to be brought onto the coach. Luggage is not permitted to be stored on seats where other passengers may wish to sit. The driver’s decision is final on this matter.
- Luggage tags must be applied to all luggage stored in luggage compartments to assist with the smooth and efficient operation of services.
- Guide dogs and Assistance dogs accompanying passengers are permitted to travel on all our services free of charge and without restriction. An Assistance dog must be clearly identifiable either by coat or harness distinguish it as a working dog and not a pet. Apart from the foregoing exceptions, dogs, cats or any other animals or live fowl of any description WILL NOT be carried.
- Be sure to check your ticket as soon as you receive it to ensure your journey details are correct. If you spot an error on your e-ticket, you can easily make changes using the Manage My Booking facility on our website, www.johnmcginley.com.
- Have your ticket on person when you board your coach and throughout your journey, our driver or inspectors may ask you to present your ticket at any time.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to have a pre-printed copy of their e-ticket available for scanning or to have access to it on their mobile phone in a format suitable for scanning.
- Tickets that are bought at a discounted price will not be entitled to a refund.
Changing your Online Ticket
- Customers can change the time and date of their web ticket up to 2 hours prior to their journey. This can be done online by clicking on AMEND MY BOOKING. There is no fee to amend your ticket.
- If the coach you were booked to travel on, is cancelled or there are insufficient seats and as a consequence you reasonably decide not to travel, you may claim a refund if you return the ticket to the office. If you have used the outward part of a return ticket, we will refund the price paid for the return journey.
- Where travel is cancelled over 72 hours before time of travel, a refund will be made subject to an administration fee of €5.00 per ticket.
- There is no refund for ‘no show’, lost or stolen tickets.
- No refunds will be made on partially used tickets under any circumstances.
- If you qualify for free travel, you must carry your pass with you when using the service. Free travel passes are non-transferrable and can only be used by the named person. Passengers presenting a Free Travel Pass are required to have PHOTO ID e.g. Driver Licence, Passport etc. A Free Travel Pass may be confiscated if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that the pass is being misused. To avoid disappointment, we recommend you reserve your seat in advance. This can be done using on our website www.johnmcginley.com.
- A reserved seat is for a chosen specific departure time. Reserved seats are non-refundable however you can change the booking to a later date up to 2 hours before travel. This can be done using the Manage My Booking facility on our website, www.johnmcginley.com.
- To ensure a reserved seat on a service, passengers are advised to arrive for boarding 15 minutes before scheduled departure time and avail of the priority boarding.
- An e-ticket must be printed or displayed on a mobile device and present to the bus driver. The driver will then scan your Free Travel Smartcard where they will validate the reservation and your travel.
Lost & Found
- McGinley Coach Travel accepts no responsibility for the private property whilst on the premises, including accepting any liability should lost property be returned for any reason to someone who is not its owner – e.g. if someone makes a false representation to the Company of ownership of property.
- Property that is left on the premises will be kept for a period of three months, after which it will be disposed of accordingly.
- In order for the property to be reclaimed, a detailed description of the item(s) and/or proof of ID (identity), and date that the item was left will be required.
- The opening hours of our lost property team are Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays) 09.00hrs to 17.00hrs.
Right of refusal
We reserve the right to refuse travel, either on a one-off or permanent basis, to anyone who fails to comply with our terms of carriage or who we consider to be a nuisance/safety concern to our passengers, customers, drivers, or Representatives.
If you are refused travel, we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage, injury, inconvenience, or cost that you suffer or incur as a result.
If you have any questions with regards our Terms & Conditions, you can contact us at via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: McGinley Coach Travel, Magheroarty, Gortahork, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.